A rare liverwort from Southeast Asia.
This originally terrestrial moss has been adapted to grow in an aquatic environment.
It is aslow-growing plant and requires low to moderate light.
With high humidity, it will also grow in a terrestrial environment.
You will receive 1x 2.5x2.5cm tray of Mini Pellia moss similar to the one seen in the example image.
How to care for your moss:
- Mosses prefer a cooler tank between 21-24 degrees is optimal.
- Mosses are relatively delicate and don't have roots or a thick cell wall like some plants and so are best kept with fish that won't try to bite or remove them.
- Mosses require clean filtered water and a stable tank environment to thrive.
- Mosses are not demanding for light, needing as little as 10 umols of PAR.
- Mosses do best when attached to hardscape like rock (such as dragon stone) or wood (like gold vine).
- It is recommended to regularly trim your mosses so that they don't grow too thick and unruly. These cutting are also very easy to propagate into new sections of moss.
- CO2 can be useful to assist in the growth of mosses and prevention of algae but isn't necessary.
- Mosses don't require intense levels of fertiliser but small amounts can be beneficial.
- Mosses can be easily attached to hardscape using aquarium safe super glue (like Seachem plant glue) or cotton thread.
- Mosses generally prefer soft to neutral water parameters.
Please read our Live Plant Shipping Policy linked here.